Today is one of those grim, rainy days, so I was looking for an indoor job to do. I decided to insulate the ceiling using a roll of fibre insulation which Kevin had got for me.
The ceiling did have some insulation, but it was patchy and loose and a bit gross. I removed the centre panels from my tongue-and-groove ceiling and packed in as much of the insulation as I could. Ideally, I should be taking the whole ceiling down and fixing Kingspan or other solid insulation here, but I don’t have time to do this before I move aboard, and my main objectives are to get the boat as warm, dry and watertight as possible before I move on.